USPS Appeal of Domestic Claims: Occasionally, USPS customers may have a situation of not receiving the USPS package or mail delivery within a reasonable time. The appropriate time for USPS delivery is considered for the 24-hour time frame that comes after the passage of the expected delivery time from the USPS.
If the USPS does not deliver the package or mail after the 24 hours of delivery time expected from the USPS, then the mail or package may be considered lost.
However, other cases that cause the package or mail cannot be delivered to the recipient, including the damaged package and the package collection being rejected by the recipient.
In the case of a loss or damaged package or mail, customers are required to claim the corresponding package or mail from the USPS, as the case may be.
Here we are telling you how you can make a domestic claim from the USPS for a lost or damaged package.
- Visit the USPS official website which is usps.com/domestic-claims
- There you will have to sign in to the online claims section with your USPS username and password.
- For new user, sign up option is available to create a new account.
- After logging in, you have to provide the corresponding number or mail tracking number and shipping date.
- Next, you need to choose the reason for filing the claim, provide the actual reason there.
- After that, you will be asked to provide proof of the lost package’s value, which includes the receipt for the lost item.
- Upload package images that are lost.
- If the lost package was insured, you also need to provide insurance information such as insurance fees.
- Now finally submit the domestic claim application.
After submitting a claim, you will need to be patient with the USPS until the claim is resolved. Once the claim is resolved, you will be informed by the USPS for review.